Visit the museum with a school group
Welcome to the National Museum of Finland – here you can learn, enjoy yourselves and participate!
These tips will help you plan a successful independent visit or guided tour with your group. The three permanent exhibitions showcase the history of Finland from prehistory to the present day. The museum also offers changing exhibitions. The National Museum is a large museum with thousands of valuable items that you can also learn about digitally before your visit, if you wish. Welcome to the National Museum of Finland – here you can learn, enjoy yourselves and participate!
- You can visit the museum independently with your group during the opening hours. Inform us of your visit in advance: email@example.com
- We are a popular museum with many visitors. Please let everyone enjoy their museum visit in peace.
- The teacher is responsible for their group during the visit.
- Our exhibitions include thousands of items on four floors. In an hour, you will have time to see one or two exhibitions. Read about the current exhibitions on our website.
- The items in the museum are treasures from the past. Please do not touch the items. We want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy them in the future. Would you like to learn about our collections digitally? Learn about the collections before your visit.
- It’s great that you want to take photos of the museum! Please take photos without flash. When sharing, why not use the tags: #nationalmuseumoffinland, #kansallismuseo.
- The accessible entrance (A2) is at street level on Mannerheimintie, next to the main entrance.
- The exhibition facilities of the National Museum have four stairwells and over 200 steps. You can move between the floors by lift, which is located next to the museum’s main stairwell.
- The toilet facilities are on the first floor and the ground floor. An accessible toilet can be found on the ground floor.
- The cloakroom is located next to the museum’s main entrance. The cloakroom is not guarded. There are storage lockers next to the cloakroom. You can use the lockers with tokens. Please leave any backpacks, large bags, umbrellas, food and drinking bottles in a locker or the cloakroom.
- You can eat your own snacks in the museum. Please ask the customer service staff about the lunch facilities for eating your own food. The museum also has a café where you can buy refreshments.
- You can borrow clipboards from the ticket sales desk.
- We are happy to help – ask our customer service staff for help whenever you need it!